After weeks of work and three, yes three, sets of furniture (a VERY long story), the nursery is finally finished!!
I had so much fun decorating the nursery - along with numerous house projects to satisfy the crazy nesting phase of pregnancy! I wasn't really sure if I wanted a theme from the beginning, so things kind of came together slowly, but it's beautiful, if I do say so myself. It all started with replacing the carpet with hardwood floors and installing beadboard. Those were fun projects! Taylor and I thought we could do the beadboard ourselves and quickly realized that neither of us could find the time (not to mention, the skills) to tackle such a project, so we had it installed and it was the perfect addition to the small, cozy room.
I picked the crib bedding (Serena & Lily) as soon as we found out we were having a girl. We didn't have a crib or furniture picked out, but the minute I saw this pattern, I knew it was the one. The rest of the decorating centered around the bedding colors - lime green and pale pink. We went with a light beige color (compliments of Pottery Barn) for the walls. The nice thing about going with a neutral color was that I could flood the room with pink (my favorite) and not overdo it. When it was all said and done, I may have gone a little overboard with the pink, but I love it! Taylor does too, or at least so he tells me...
A big thank you to the wonderful ladies at Baby Bloomers Home, with whom I spent countless hours in the past few months, for all of the fabulous nursery furniture and accessories and helping me decorate and pull it all together to create the perfect room for Baby Stair. We're hoping she loves spending time in there as much as we do!

