Grammy and Grandpa drove ALL the way from Cincinnati just to spend the week with me (oh yeah, and Mommy and Daddy too). I hadn’t seen them since I was born, so I was really excited they came to stay with us.
Mommy wouldn't let me stay up past my bedtime on Sunday night to greet them,
but I woke everyone up first thing Monday morning with a smile on my face!
They didn't waste any time getting settled in and helping as much as possible. While Daddy worked and the girls took a long walk together, Grandpa started in on Mommy's list of house projects and went grocery shopping, then Grammy and Grandpa cooked Mom's favorite flank steak dinner. Mommy was in heaven because she got a whole day AND night off! That was pretty much the story for the rest of the week... Grammy and Grandpa spoiled all three of us. We went out to lots of yummy dinners too, and of course stopped in for Grandpa's favorite she-crab soup at Fleet Landing. I was so happy to spend time with them but Mommy was even more thrilled to have a break ALL week. Here are some pictures of me during their stay.
Playtime on the floor with Grammy
Mommy stealing kisses from me while we watched Grammy cook
So many stuffed animals, which to choose?
Mommy and me at dinner
All dressed for Grammy and Grandpa's last day in my first tutu outfit from the girls at Daddy's office ~
Thanks, Lauren, Anna, and Kristyn!
I already miss my grandparents big time. I know it’s hard for Grammy to get time off from work, so it really means a lot that they were able to come down. I’m not sure Grammy got much of a break from work because she spent the entire week tending to me, feeding me bottles, and changing my diapers, but she says she loved every minute with me, even when I gave her a hard time. She even sang me the Cherry Song that she sang to Mommy growing up. Mommy sings it to me now, but it was even more special to hear Grammy sing it. The Cherry Song always makes me feel better, no matter how upset I am, just like it used to (and still does) for Mommy.
I loved every minute of Grammy and Grandpa's stay, and I know Mom and Dad really appreciated all the extra help with me (I'm a handful sometimes, or so they say), all the help around the house, all the home cooked meals and dinners out, and even a date night downtown just the two of them. We all miss Grammy and Grandpa like crazy and we can’t wait for them to come visit again! Oh, and next time, Mommy is going to be in charge of the camera so we get more pictures of me with them, whether they like it or not.

