After a year or so of beach house renovations and many long (understatement) months of work and hardships, the long-awaited swimming pool is finally finished. The pool and surrounding landscaping is absolutely gorgeous, definitely well worth the wait.
Gran Jan and Granddad are in town this week so Leighton and I went over to the beach house today for our first swim in the new pool. We've tried out a few pools this summer and all of them have been a bit too chilly for L, but it's been super hot lately so the pool was very warm and perfect for her this time.
Hurry up, Mommy, can't we just get in already?
Loving splashing and floating in the water
I didn't get many great pictures this time around since it was our first time and we didn't have Dad with us (or the camera for that matter, and I had to be careful not to let my iPhone drown while attempting to be a photographer in the pool) but I'm positive we'll spend many more summer days there so stay tuned for more pool pictures to come.

