Surprise party success. My mom's 60th birthday is coming up next week so we planned a surprise visit and birthday party in Cincinnati for her. Not sure how, but we pulled it off and my mom was beside herself!
Taylor has a presentation for a very big three-day mediation next week which has occupied every moment of his time this past week/weekend, so Leighton and I made the trip to Cincinnati solo. I was a little worried to fly alone (for the first time) with a very active and curious one-year old on my own, but L was so good. Four flights, two 2-hour layovers, and 14 hours of traveling later, we made it there and back, and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience. Leighton never cried and absolutely loved her first flying experience, especially people watching in the airport (just like her mama)!
So our nice camera did not make the trip with us, given the 14,953 bags I had to pack for the two of us to spend five days in Cincinnati (for those of you who know me, packing lightly is not my forte). I guess we'll have to get Grammy to send us some that she took. In the meantime, here are just a few I have on my phone.
Party time!
And lots of play time!
All bundled up for a chilly walk out on the golf course
What a wonderful trip! A big thanks to all my mom's dear friends and family who gathered to surprise her and celebrate her very special day. Love you so much, Mom!!

