On Saturday morning, while getting ready for a birthday party and Easter egg hunt, we realized Leighton had never been egg hunting and she might not know what to do. And, of course, we didn't want her to be at a disadvantage with all the other kids there. So what did we do?
Yep, that's right, we practiced egg hunting... in the kitchen.
She was a pro, obviously. She thought it was so fun to fill the basket with eggs, dump them all over the floor, and pick them all up again. And again. And again. Looks like egg hunting could be a new favorite Saturday morning activity in our house.
Next we went to Etiwan Park on Daniel Island to celebrate Leighton's friend Madelyn's 2nd birthday. It took our shy munchkin a little bit to warm up and be social, but then she was off!
Trying to figure out how Ada goes down the slide by herself
Ok, maybe the slide isn't as scary as I thought it was
Birthday Girl!
Cupcake sugar high, then time for the egg hunt
I won, I won!
A great time had by all. Happy Birthday, Madelyn!
Cupcake sugar high, then time for the egg hunt
Ok, I guess I'll share my eggs with you
I won, I won!
A great time had by all. Happy Birthday, Madelyn!
Sunday brought the usual Stair family tradition starting with church, followed by brunch with family (and friends this year) and the (very competitive) egg hunt at the beach house.
Leighton had her very own egg hunt (inside, due to the rain) and loved being the center of attention.
Although it wasn't great weather, it was a beautiful day with family and friends and a perfect way to celebrate and thank God for His endless love and blessings over us.
Happy Easter from the Stairs
"And this is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life." ~ 1 John 2:25










