Our little angel slept through the night last night! We couldn't believe it. After 8 weeks of countless sleepless nights and waking at least once, if not twice, most nights to feed our hungry girl, she finally made it through the entire night. That makes for one happy and well-rested mama (and thus, a happy daddy)!
We put her down around 10:00 pm last night and, as usual, I heard her her little cries from the monitor around 3:00 am (her five hour stretch has been fairly normal the past few weeks). I'm not going to lie, no matter how sweet those sounds are, and no matter how much you love your child, its not easy to pull your sleep deprived body out of bed to tend to a crying baby. It's tough, but after calming her down and feeding her, holding her close and rocking her back to sleep in the middle of the night is really one of my favorite times with her. It's a peaceful bonding time for the two of us. That being said, there is a lot to be said for a full night of sleep and I felt more refreshed than I have since before little Leighton was born. I certainly won't complain if she wants to start sleeping through the night at 8 weeks old! Now if only it will last...

