This was a BIG weekend in our family! This Saturday was Leighton's 2 month birthday and Sunday was my 30th birthday! I can't believe it's been two months since our little girl was born. She's growing and changing so quickly. We were worried about her weight for awhile and had to visit the doctor one too many times in the first five weeks to make sure she was gaining appropriately. We're moving in the right direction now and her weight is finally going up - and we can definitely tell in her face and tummy. Our little ladybug is growing so quickly, its scary.
2 months old
My 30th birthday celebration was fabulous even though, as you can imagine, celebrating with a newborn is quite different from years past. We started off the weekend on Friday night at Sr. Tequila (where else?). You know me, I can't live without margaritas and mexican. On Saturday, Hannah treated me to a manicure and pedicure and then we enjoyed a nice lunch and full day of shopping. I needed some girl time out and who better to spend it with than my favorite sister! Taylor and I headed downtown for dinner and drinks on Saturday night. We enjoyed an amazing dinner and very nice bottle of wine (or two) at McCrady's and then a few after dinner drinks at Pearlz.
Unfortunately (or fortunately for my condition on Sunday morning), we weren't able to stay out too late as we had to relieve our babysitter (thanks, Marty!). Taylor was in charge of the baby and the monitor on Saturday night so I got almost NINE straight hours of blissful sleep which I definitely haven't had in months. It was quite possibly the best part of the entire weekend.
We woke up Sunday morning (my actual birthday day) and after the three hours it took to get all of us ready, we went to breakfast and then headed to the annual Boone Hall Oyster Festival. Again, an entirely different experience with a baby than in previous years, which is probably a good thing, but we had a blast.
Thank you to my sweet husband and to Hannah for making it a perfectly wonderful 30th birthday weekend!!


