Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Last Friday Before 30

30. Years old, that is. Today is the last Friday of the last week of the last year in my 20's. Wow, what a journey it's been. As I told L when we had our first feeding and playtime of the day (with no tears), I'm really ok with turning 30 in two days. It's not as bad as it sounds, 30 is the new 20 anyway. I'm excited to spend the next decade of my life with my amazing family and its newest, most adorable member.

L and I had a wonderful day today. She's been a bit fussy the past few weeks and the crying has been a bit overwhelming at times, but today was SO good. Maybe it's because she slept through the night for a second night in a row, or maybe because her feedings have improved and she finally has a full belly. Or maybe its because she is simply growing out of this early phase and learning to adapt to and enjoy the big World in which she lives. Whatever the reason, it was our best day yet.

After a peaceful morning (where I was even able to enjoy a cup of coffee and the Today Show), and after a huge diaper blowout, we had our first cry-free bath experience! She was a little uneasy to start but she decided today that she might actually enjoy bath time.


Oh, and more importantly, today we graduated to Size 1 diapers! I knew the newborn size diapers were getting a bit small and I didn't want to waste any, but after the diaper explosion this morning, I learned the hard way that not advancing to the next diaper size at the proper time was a terrible idea. I guess you have to learn somehow.

All clean and ready to go shopping
with Mommy for a new birthday outfit!

It was just a perfect Friday. We got things done around the house, we ran all sorts of errands, we went shopping (mostly for clothes for L since my post-maternity size is still currently less than desirable) and we went for a long walk on this gorgeous 70-degree January day. All with one very happy baby. A great way to start my 30th birthday weekend!