I don't know what it feels like to be a father.
But I know what it feels like to be a mother and a wife, watching her husband and best friend be a father to her child.
And it feels amazing.
Happy first Fathers' Day, Tay.
I love you.
Taylor called the shots this weekend since it was Dad's Day weekend. We spent Saturday afternoon at the pool, followed by a long afternoon walk with Leighton and Bax and a dinner date night out (while Gran Jan and Granddad babysat).
Love the water but it was still a bit too cold for me to swim
On Sunday, we headed out on the water for Leighton's first boating experience. She was a little anxious (and tired) at first, especially when trying on her life vest, but after a quick 10 minute catnap, she was up and ready to have some fun!
Thank you, Maggie and John, for my new Lilly bathing suit
We took it easy for her first time out on the boat and just crusied up Shem Creek and out into the harbor for a bit. It was perfect. Dad enjoyed lunch, a couple beers and some sun out on the water with his family, and that's all that mattered!
Ok, I could get used to this life vest thing...
Back to the dock, what a fun boat trip!
Happy Fathers' Day to all the special dads in our lives.
Happy Fathers' Day to all the special dads in our lives.

