Taylor had out-of-town depositions everyday this week so I thought it would be the perfect time for Leighton and I to go visit Aunt Meredith and meet baby Finleigh. Scott was also traveling for work and Mere had her hands full with Graham (who I can't believe is almost two years old!) and the new baby, so it was perfect timing. I forget how much I miss Winston-Salem until I go back. But what I really miss the most is spending time with my best friend from college. We had so much fun catching up, talking, laughing, and well, just doing nothing. Sometimes it's nice to be with the kind of good friends who you can sit around with in pjs all day and not have to think a thing of it. It was just like old times... well, with the addition of a few kiddos, of course.
And now, without further ado, meet the beautiful baby Finleigh Grace, born July 22, 2012.
Finleigh was such an angel. I was a little under the weather last week so I limited my time holding and snuggling her, but she was so teeny tiny and perfect, it was tough not to. She and I took a little snooze one afternoon while Leighton and Graham napped, so Mere could catch a just a short bit of time for herself. Those times are hard to come by as a new mom (and even more difficult with two)!
Meanwhile, Graham and Leighton kept each other entertained from the minute we walked in to the minute we left. When they weren't playing together, Leighton had fun discovering all of the "new toys" in Graham's play room.
And, of course, what would a trip to Winston-Salem be without a visit to Wake Forest campus? Dad was jealous he missed out!
Strolling around our old stomping grounds with the kids
Wait Chapel pic with L
Thanks to Meredith for a wonderful week in Winston ~ we hope to make it back again for Leighton's first WF football game this fall!

