Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Bug!

Well, with the craziness of the Thanksiving/Christmas holiday season, starting a new job, and Leighton starting school (just to name a few things), we decided to have a small family birthday party for Leighton, rather than a big party with friends. I had a bit of guilt for a couple days about it, but in hindsight, it was the best decision ever. We planned her first birthday party with the extended family in Kingsport the weekend after Thanksgiving and it was a perfect celebration. L was beside herself with excitement being the center of attention.

On the way there, it's party time!



Oh, a tiny cake all for me. I'm a little unsure what to make of all this...
(she was way more interested in the candle than the cake)

Ewww, PLEASE don't make me eat it!

Ok, well maybe Aunt Kathy's special ladybug cake isn't so bad,
but still questionable about this whole sugar thing...


So many presents!! Of course, books and Little People were my favorite -
Thanks, Gran Jan, Granddad and Nannie!


It's my party, I can clap if I want to!

Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet little Bug. It's hard to believe a year has passed so quickly. You are happy, healthy, and simply beautiful. God gave us you and we are so blessed. You've filled our lives with more happiness and joy than we could have ever imagined and we love you more than you'll ever know.