Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beach Buddies

Our first beach visit of the summer! Taylor and I have been trying to go to the beach the past few weekends, but we're so busy, we just haven't found the time. It's ok, there's lots of summer left. This past Tuesday was gorgeous so we decided to meet Rachel and Millie for a playdate on the beach. 

Yes, Mommy thought we needed to try out all three sun hats on the beach. Kind of ridiculous.
But the big pink one was my favorite!

I thought there would be a bit of a breeze out on the water, especially since its still early in the season, so I didn't put a Leighton in a bathing suit. That, and she can't sit up on her own yet and we didn't plan on getting in the water, so a bathing suit didn't make much sense. Well, it felt like it was 90 degrees on the beach and poor L was really hot and tired (bad combo), so she was whiny, but she still enjoyed soaking up the rays for the first time with her friend, Mille.

Me and Mille ~ beach buddies!

Next time, we'll definitely bring an umbrella or sun shade so we can make it out in the sun for a little longer. I can't wait until Leighton can sit up on her own and play at the beach this summer!