Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

Traditionally, we spend Easter weekend with the family out at the beach house, which we've done since Taylor and I were dating in college. However, this year, things were a little different as the beach house is still under construction getting a major makeover. The only livable space is the master bedroom, so Jan and Kent stayed there, but the kitchen is completely gutted which made cooking a little difficult. So we all gathered most of the weekend at our house.

On Friday, Jan, Hannah, Hannah's best friend, Tina, and Leighton and I headed to the Gown Boutique for Hannah's first wedding dress fitting. Her dress is GORGEOUS. She was nervous that it wouldn't fit (even though she has six months to go!), but it was perfect and she looked absolutely beautiful. I obviously can't post the pictures of the bride-to-be in her dress, so here are a couple of L watching her Aunt Hannah model for us.


On Saturday, Taylor and Leighton and I ran errands and stopped at the Mount Pleasant Waterfront Park to enjoy the sunny afternoon on the water.


And finally, Easter Sunday! After a lovely church service, we enjoyed the traditional Easter Sunday brunch - honeybaked ham, asparagus, fruit salad, and the most amazing cheese grits on the planet. Then, of course, no Easter Sunday is complete without the (adult) easter egg hunt. Yes, some eggs have money so it's a pretty competitive hunt. Hannah won, as usual, but Taylor was at a disadvantage this year carrying L and trying to collect eggs. Just think, next year, Leighton will be able to walk and hunt for eggs herself. Scary.

 All ready for Easter Sunday church

I'm kinda squinty for most of the family pics because Mommy forgot my hat (and my shades)

Thanks, Aunt Hannah, for my pretty Easter dress

My first Easter basket and some of my goodies from the Easter Bunny!

While the ladies were busy cooking, Uncle Ricky put together Leighton's jumperoo (a very nice gift from my girlfriends at the NC shower), which has been tucked away in the garage until L was old enough. She was still a little small for it - her feet couldn't touch the ground and she could barely get her arms over the top when in the seat, but she loved it anyway.

I guess I have some growing to do before my feet can touch the floor but it was still really fun -
Thanks to all of Mommy's sweet friends (all of my aunts who I can't wait to meet)!