Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Daddy's Big 3-0!

Happy 30th Birthday (today) to my husband and best friend in the whole world.

For Taylor's 30th birthday, I planned a surprise trip for the weekend and I can't believe I actually pulled it off! I picked Taylor up from work last Thursday and told him we were going to go out for the afternoon to start celebrating his big birthday weekend early. He had no idea where we were headed, but little did he know, his bags were packed in the back of the car and we were off to the airport.  I wrote a poem for him to read in the car with hints to our destination spot and he finally figured it out - we were headed to Miami for a weekend stay with our good friends, Mary and Terrence! We had an amazing time.

 Not sure how we didn't get a picture of all four of us, oh well

Visit to the beach after the storm

Even though the weather wasn't wonderful, we had a fabulous time checking out the Miami scene and, more importantly, spending time with great friends. It was tough to leave Leighton (who stayed with Aunt Anna for one night and then Aunt Hannah for the weekend), but nice to have a break from the baby world and have no worries for a whole weekend. We missed our girl though!

Shopping with Aunt Hannah

Yay, Mommy and Daddy are home

Since today was Dad's actual birthday, Leighton and I headed downtown to his office to take him out to lunch. We had brunch up the street at Toast (delicious!) and now looking forward to a birthday dinner with the family at Atlanticville tonight!

Birthday lunch with Daddy